Antonyms for negativity
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : neg-uh-tiv|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈnɛg ə tɪv|
Definition of negativityOrigin :
- 1842, from negative + -ity.
- noun habitual skepticism
- I have only one quarrel with that philosophy--its negativity.
- Extract from : « A Preface to Politics » by Walter Lippmann
- It is from this negativity that duty lends itself to the legal idea of compulsion, and in general wears a legal garb.
- Extract from : « A Review of the Systems of Ethics Founded on the Theory of Evolution » by C. M. Williams
- Ample proof, however, of the negativity of happiness is found in art, and especially in poetry.
- Extract from : « The Philosophy of Disenchantment » by Edgar Saltus
- The points of maximum positivity and negativity are situated symmetrically on the opposite sides of the organ.
- Extract from : « Life Movements in Plants, Volume II, 1919 » by Sir Jagadis Chunder Bose
Synonyms for negativity
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019