Antonyms for nauseousness
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : naw-shuhs, -zee-uhs|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈnɔ ʃəs, -zi əs|
Definition of nauseousnessOrigin :
- c.1600, "inclined to nausea, easily made queasy" (obsolete), from nausea + -ous. Sense of "causing nausea or squeamishness" is attested from 1610s. For distinction from nauseated see nauseate. Related: Nauseously; nauseousness.
- As in disgust : noun aversion; repulsion
- I have in other places dwelt upon the insufficiency and the nauseousness of the food.
- Extract from : « Andersonville, Volume 3 » by John McElroy
- Besides sweetness, the mobola has the flavor of strawberries, with a touch of nauseousness.
- Extract from : « Missionary Travels and Researches in South Africa » by David Livingstone
- There is a nauseousness in a city-feast, when we are to sit four hours after we are cloyed.
- Extract from : « The Works Of John Dryden, Vol. 7 (of 18) » by John Dryden
Synonyms for nauseousness
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019