Antonyms for inextensible
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : in-ik-sten-suh-buh l|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌɪn ɪkˈstɛn sə bəl|
Definition of inextensible
- As in inelastic : adj unflexible
- Since the walls of the cell are inextensible, the quantity of water in the cell cannot increase.
- Extract from : « The Mechanism of Life » by Stphane Leduc
- While ligaments are pliable and flexible, permitting free movement, they are also wonderfully strong and inextensible.
- Extract from : « A Practical Physiology » by Albert F. Blaisdell
- The case of inextensible strings or chains is, however, so simple that it is generally included in expositions of pure statics.
- Extract from : « Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 17, Slice 8 » by Various
- A physical line is flexible and inextensible, and cannot be cut—so that no lap of it can be drawn through another.
- Extract from : « Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 15, Slice 8 » by Various
Synonyms for inextensible
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019