Synonyms for unsavory
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : uhn-sey-vuh-ree|
|Phonetic Transcription : ʌnˈseɪ və ri|
Top 10 synonyms for unsavory Other synonyms for the word unsavory
Définition of unsavoryOrigin :
- early 13c., "tasteless, insipid," from un- (1) "not" + savory (adj.). Meaning "unpleasant or disagreeable to the taste" is attested from late 14c.; of persons, from c.1400.
- adj revolting, sickening
- It is too high ever to be reached by any unsavory odors from the Back Bay.
- Extract from : « The Continental Monthly, Vol. 6, No 3, September 1864 » by Various
- Yes; it has an unsavory odor, as M. de Treville used to say.
- Extract from : « The Man in the Iron Mask » by Alexandre Dumas, Pere
- Its manifestations are all abominable in his eyes, and unsavory in his nostrils.
- Extract from : « The Continental Monthly, Vol. 3 No 2, February 1863 » by Various
- When skilfully concocted and properly seasoned, not at all unsavory.
- Extract from : « Western Characters » by J. L. McConnel
- The colds were caused by the northeast wind of unsavory reputation!
- Extract from : « Preventable Diseases » by Woods Hutchinson
- It is impolite to mention him, as though his name were as unsavory as his odor.
- Extract from : « In the Open » by Stanton Davis Kirkham
- The street is and always has been narrow, and, from its proximity to the fish-market, is and always has been unsavory.
- Extract from : « London » by Walter Besant
- Then Brinnaria ventured a second visit to the unsavory locality.
- Extract from : « The Unwilling Vestal » by Edward Lucas White
- Now Mr. Max leered about the table and contributed his unsavory bit.
- Extract from : « Seven Keys to Baldpate » by Earl Derr Biggers
- These days, any online game you play is filled with all kinds of unsavory sorts.
- Extract from : « Little Brother » by Cory Doctorow
Antonyms for unsavory
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019