Synonyms for unsanitary
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : uhn-san-i-ter-ee|
|Phonetic Transcription : ʌnˈsæn ɪˌtɛr i|
Top 10 synonyms for unsanitary Other synonyms for the word unsanitary
Définition of unsanitaryOrigin :
- 1871, from un- (1) "not" + sanitary.
- adj dirty, unclean
- "But that would be unsanitary," piped a voice from the back of the room.
- Extract from : « City of Endless Night » by Milo Hastings
- I am sure it is not necessary to tell you that such filth is unsanitary.
- Extract from : « The Dude Wrangler » by Caroline Lockhart
- They were clothed in rags and their dwellings were both miserable and unsanitary.
- Extract from : « Patrician and Plebeian » by Thomas J. Wertenbaker
- It was an unsanitary practice, but he had to admit that the patient was much improved.
- Extract from : « Bolden's Pets » by F. L. Wallace
- The pipes and drains were unsanitary, and the air was bad to breathe.
- Extract from : « Revolution and Other Essays » by Jack London
- He said they were smashing up things that were ugly and unsanitary.
- Extract from : « The A.E.F. » by Heywood Broun
- Poketown is unsanitary—so Dr. Poole says—and we know it's always been slovenly.
- Extract from : « Janice Day » by Helen Beecher Long
- "That would be unsanitary, I think," said McIlvaine, frowning.
- Extract from : « McIlvaine's Star » by August Derleth
- What idea can have been connected with such an unsanitary prejudice I cannot imagine.
- Extract from : « Stranger Than Fiction » by Mary L. Lewes
- They are unsanitary, hold the dust, and are not nearly as attractive as rugs.
- Extract from : « Remodeled Farmhouses » by Mary H. Northend
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019