Synonyms for unlawful
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : uhn-law-fuhl|
|Phonetic Transcription : ʌnˈlɔ fəl|
Top 10 synonyms for unlawful Other synonyms for the word unlawful
Définition of unlawfulOrigin :
- c.1300, from un- (1) "not" + lawful. Unlawful assembly is recorded in statutes from late 15c. Related: Unlawfully.
- adj against the law
- No lawful passion can ever be so bewildering or ecstatic as an unlawful one.
- Extract from : « Malbone » by Thomas Wentworth Higginson
- An unlawful expedient can not become a permanent condition of government.
- Extract from : « United States Presidents' Inaugural Speeches » by Various
- Yet I respect this marriage of thine, as all Muslims must—for all that in itself it was unlawful.
- Extract from : « The Sea-Hawk » by Raphael Sabatini
- In Ezra, the Tenth, the ram is offered for a trespass because of an unlawful marriage.
- Extract from : « An Orkney Maid » by Amelia Edith Huddleston Barr
- And they say, that the military uniforms now introducing, are haram or unlawful.
- Extract from : « Journal of a Residence at Bagdad » by Anthony Groves
- Anne, too, evidently had an unlawful interest in it, and wanted him to keep on talking.
- Extract from : « The Prisoner » by Alice Brown
- Never, perhaps, was there a better excuse for unlawful love.
- Extract from : « Henry IV, Makers of History » by John S. C. Abbott
- Daylight only made him a more weird, a more disturbing and unlawful apparition.
- Extract from : « Victory » by Joseph Conrad
- He was ready to adopt any means, lawful or unlawful, to secure that end.
- Extract from : « The Story of the Upper Canada Rebellion, Volume 1 » by John Charles Dent
- The law is inescapable, for an action is either lawful or unlawful.
- Extract from : « The Status Civilization » by Robert Sheckley
Antonyms for unlawful
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019