Synonyms for unimportance
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : im-pawr-tns|
|Phonetic Transcription : ɪmˈpɔr tns|
Top 10 synonyms for unimportance
Définition of unimportanceOrigin :
- c.1500, from Middle French importance or directly from Medieval Latin importantia, from importantem (see important).
- noun insignificance
- noun humbleness
- But a sense of my own unimportance has saved me––or the world, at any rate––from such laments.
- Extract from : « Hidden Water » by Dane Coolidge
- Rachel had managed to leave behind a feeling of the unimportance of everybody but Rachel.
- Extract from : « Erik Dorn » by Ben Hecht
- The birth of the child only served to accentuate her unimportance in the house.
- Extract from : « Artists' Wives » by Alphonse Daudet
- As never before, Susan felt the curse of the tradition of the unimportance of women.
- Extract from : « Susan B. Anthony » by Alma Lutz
- It makes the individual helpless, and crushes him with a sense of his unimportance.
- Extract from : « The Psychology of Nations » by G.E. Partridge
- It's more a sense of apprehension, a realization of my own unimportance.
- Extract from : « Desert Conquest » by A. M. Chisholm
- One of the first lessons I learnt in Spain was the unimportance of time.
- Extract from : « Things seen in Spain » by C. Gasquoine Hartley
- Do you not see, our pompous friend, that you are only pointing your own unimportance?
- Extract from : « The Potiphar Papers » by George William Curtis
- It was in fact the unimportance of the occasion that made him thus yield to his feeling.
- Extract from : « William Ewart Gladstone » by James Bryce
- No doubt it was part of the game, and done to impress me with a due sense of my unimportance.
- Extract from : « The Protector » by Harold Bindloss
Antonyms for unimportance
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019