Synonyms for susurration
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : soo-suh-rey-shuh n|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌsu səˈreɪ ʃən|
Top 10 synonyms for susurration Other synonyms for the word susurration
Définition of susurrationOrigin :
- "whisper, murmur," c.1400, from Latin susurrationem (nominative susurratio), from past participle stem of susurrare, from susurrus "murmur, whisper," a reduplication of the PIE imitative base *swer- (2) "to buzz, whisper" (cf. Sanskrit svarati "sounds, resounds," Greek syrinx "flute," Latin surdus "dull, mute," Old Church Slavonic svirati "to whistle," Lithuanian surmo "pipe, shawm," German schwirren "to buzz," Old English swearm "swarm").
- noun murmur
- His own name, pronounced in the utmost compression of susurration, they say, he catches at a quarter furlong interval.
- Extract from : « The Works of Charles and Mary Lamb » by Charles Lamb
- If he had read his Biffin he would have known that the correct terms are a "susurration of sparrows" and a "pop of weasels."
- Extract from : « Punch or the London Charivari, Vol. 147, December 9, 1914 » by Various
Antonyms for susurration
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019