Synonyms for sporadically
|Grammar : Adv|
|Spell : spuh-rad-ik|
|Phonetic Transcription : spəˈræd ɪk|
Top 10 synonyms for sporadically
Définition of sporadicallyOrigin :
- 1650s (implied in sporadical), from Medieval Latin sporadicus "scattered," from Greek sporadikos "scattered," from sporas (genitive sporados) "scattered," from spora "a sowing" (see spore). Originally a medical term, "occurring in scattered instances;" the meaning "happening at intervals" is first recorded 1847. Related: Sporadically.
- adv infrequently
- adv intermittently
- Sporadically and later, it existed further north but not generally.
- Extract from : « The English Village Community » by Frederic Seebohm
- In Oceania pottery is unknown save in the West, and there only sporadically.
- Extract from : « Evolution in Art » by Alfred C. Haddon
- In the child these do not appear at all, or but sporadically.
- Extract from : « Collected Papers on Analytical Psychology » by C. G. Jung
- On the other side, if used only sporadically, it is a matter of tone-color.
- Extract from : « English Verse » by Raymond MacDonald Alden, Ph.D.
- She was petulant with the children, though she adored them--at least, sporadically.
- Extract from : « The Precipice » by Elia Wilkinson Peattie
- End-rhyme has been used occasionally; internal rhyme, sporadically.
- Extract from : « Beowulf » by Release Date: July 19, 2005 [EBook #16328]
- Found in the same region and sporadically west of the Halys.
- Extract from : « How to Observe in Archaeology » by Various
- No Judeo-German litterateur has ever been able to make more than a scanty living, and that only sporadically, out of his books.
- Extract from : « The History of Yiddish Literature in the Nineteenth Century » by Leo Wiener
- Enjambement is only sporadically met with; breaking of the rhyme still more seldom.
- Extract from : « A History of English Versification » by Jakob Schipper
- It would have been reasonable to expect to find them sporadically all over Australia.
- Extract from : « Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 2, Slice 8 » by Various
Antonyms for sporadically
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019