Synonyms for proliferate
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : pruh-lif-uh-reyt|
|Phonetic Transcription : prəˈlɪf əˌreɪt|
Top 10 synonyms for proliferate Other synonyms for the word proliferate
Définition of proliferateOrigin :
- 1857 as a term in biology; see proliferation. General sense from 1961. Related: Proliferated; proliferating.
- verb increase quickly
- The cells of this hypertrophied portion show a great tendency to proliferate and produce new nerve structure.
- Extract from : « Diseases of the Horse's Foot » by Harry Caulton Reeks
- What is the nature of the "life" in the parasitic sarcomatous tissue which has been seen to proliferate for a short time in vitro?
- Extract from : « The Ethics of Medical Homicide and Mutilation » by Austin O'Malley
Antonyms for proliferate
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019