Synonyms for prevention
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : pri-ven-shuh n|
|Phonetic Transcription : prɪˈvɛn ʃən|
Top 10 synonyms for prevention
Définition of preventionOrigin :
- mid-15c., "action of stopping an event or practice," from Middle French prévention and directly from Late Latin praeventionem (nominative praeventio) "action of anticipating," noun of action from past participle stem of praevenire (see prevent).
- noun stop
- The whole of life may be directed to their prevention or cure.
- Extract from : « The Republic » by Plato
- "Prevention is better than cure," is the motto of these Centres.
- Extract from : « Another Sheaf » by John Galsworthy
- Such a measure could not be "for their benefit and comfort," or for "the prevention of injuries and oppression."
- Extract from : « Opinion of the Supreme Court of the United States, at January Term, 1832, Delivered by Mr. Chief Justice Marshall in the Case of Samuel A. Worcester, Plaintiff in Error, versus the State of Georgia » by John Marshall
- The method of prevention for this disease is almost entirely vaccination.
- Extract from : « Rural Hygiene » by Henry N. Ogden
- No peril of the deep was unforeseen, no ounce of prevention unprovided.
- Extract from : « The Naval History of the United States » by Willis J. Abbot.
- This was almost ineffective, however, in the prevention of race admixture.
- Extract from : « The Journal of Negro History, Volume 3, 1918 » by Various
- Other methods of prevention are to be found in these bulletins.
- Extract from : « Agriculture for Beginners » by Charles William Burkett
- Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, ii, 20; v, 123.
- Extract from : « Little Journeys to the Homes of the Great - Volume 14 » by Elbert Hubbard
- We hear of the prevention of unemployment, the removal of the bugbear of "losing the job."
- Extract from : « The Psychology of Nations » by G.E. Partridge
- Prevention here is not only better than cure, but often all that is possible.
- Extract from : « The Physical Life of Woman: » by Dr. George H Napheys
Antonyms for prevention
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019