Synonyms for partest
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : pahrt|
|Phonetic Transcription : pɑrt|
Top 10 synonyms for partest Other synonyms for the word partest
- half done
- under construction
Définition of partestOrigin :
- mid-13c., "division, portion of a whole," from Old French part "share, portion; character; power, dominion; side, way, path," from Latin partem (nominative pars) "a part, piece, a share, a division; a party or faction; a part of the body; a fraction; a function, office," related to portio "share, portion," from PIE root *pere- "to assign, allot" (cf. Greek peprotai "it has been granted," Sanskrit purtam "reward," Hittite parshiya- "fraction, part").
- It has replaced native deal (n.) in most senses. Theatrical sense (late 15c.) is from an actor's "share" in a performance (The Latin plural partis was used in the same sense). Meaning "the parting of the hair" is 1890, American English.
- As an adjective from 1590s. Late Old English part "part of speech" did not survive and the modern word is considered a separate borrowing. Phrase for the most part is from late 14c. To take part "participate" is from late 14c.
- As in incomplete : adj unfinished, wanting
- As in partial : adj incomplete
- As in fractional : adj partial
- As in fragmentary : adj broken, incomplete
Antonyms for partest
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019