Synonyms for paramountcy
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : par-uh-mount|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈpær əˌmaʊnt|
Top 10 synonyms for paramountcy Other synonyms for the word paramountcy
Définition of paramountcyOrigin :
- 1530s, from Anglo-French paramont, Old French paramont "above" (in place, order, degree), mid-14c., from Old French par "by," from Latin per "through, for, by" (see per (prep.)) + amont "up," from a mont "upward" (see amount (v.)). The whole from Latin per ad montem, literally "to the hill."
- noun dominance
- With the appearance of British paramountcy at the Cape came a hint of law and order, of progress and its accompaniment—taxation.
- Extract from : « South Africa and the Transvaal War, Vol. 1 (of 6) » by Louis Creswicke
- He would have tolerated their “gentility nonsense” if they would have acknowledged his paramountcy.
- Extract from : « The Life of George Borrow » by Herbert Jenkins
Antonyms for paramountcy
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019