Synonyms for overhang
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : verb oh-ver-hang; noun oh-ver-hang|
|Phonetic Transcription : verb ˌoʊ vərˈhæŋ; noun ˈoʊ vərˌhæŋ|
Top 10 synonyms for overhang Other synonyms for the word overhang
Définition of overhangOrigin :
- 1590s, from over- + hang (v.). Related: Overhung; overhanging.
- verb bulge, hang over
- It was the overhang of the river, and when I dropped through I found myself in the water.
- Extract from : « The Law-Breakers » by Ridgwell Cullum
- Always have I known that this danger must overhang you as a penalty for loving me.
- Extract from : « The Historical Nights' Entertainment » by Rafael Sabatini
- The tool may overhang the lens by a quarter of the diameter of the latter as a maximum.
- Extract from : « On Laboratory Arts » by Richard Threlfall
- You will note that the sides of the top or seat have an overhang of ½ inch on each margin.
- Extract from : « Carpentry for Boys » by J. S. Zerbe
- The men have not since ventured under the overhang of the poop.
- Extract from : « The Mutiny of the Elsinore » by Jack London
- The middle shelf is to have an overhang and will rest upon the rails.
- Extract from : « Mission Furniture » by H. H. Windsor
- In this shelter, under the overhang of rock, were three open sand cars.
- Extract from : « Planet of the Damned » by Harry Harrison
- They vanished under the overhang of the blockhouse's second story, made of logs.
- Extract from : « Shaman » by Robert Shea
- At least the sun shines on the purple, and reflects the purple on leaves that overhang it.
- Extract from : « The Angel of Pain » by E. F. Benson
- Overbold, audacious; overhang, impend; overweigh, preponderate.
- Extract from : « An Outline of English Speech-craft » by William Barnes