Synonyms for outlying
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : out-lahy-ing|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈaʊtˌlaɪ ɪŋ|
Top 10 synonyms for outlying Other synonyms for the word outlying
Définition of outlyingOrigin :
- "outside certain limits," 1660s, from out + present participle of lie (v.2). Meaning "remote from the center" is first recorded 1680s.
- adj in rural area; remote
- Possibly, after all, the man was merely a patrol from some outlying station.
- Extract from : « The Law-Breakers » by Ridgwell Cullum
- He was a patrol guard, on a visiting tour of the outlying stations.
- Extract from : « The Night Riders » by Ridgwell Cullum
- France is summed up to him in Paris and in the chateaux of outlying districts.
- Extract from : « Italy, the Magic Land » by Lilian Whiting
- Is it some outlying debt of vengeance, an old vendetta, detains you here?
- Extract from : « The Bramleighs Of Bishop's Folly » by Charles James Lever
- Was it on some small, outlying island, as has been suggested?
- Extract from : « Little Masterpieces of Science: Explorers » by Various
- And those in the outlying districts don't even pretend to have a business.
- Extract from : « Secret Armies » by John L. Spivak
- The wonder is that the outlying settlements were not abandoned.
- Extract from : « A Half Century of Conflict - Volume I » by Francis Parkman
- He would have given to the Garden of Eden the atmosphere of an outlying suburb.
- Extract from : « They and I » by Jerome K. Jerome
- I shall have to do a lot of trekking in the wild, outlying parts.
- Extract from : « The Rhodesian » by Gertrude Page
- The detachment of the outlying portions of the empire followed.
- Extract from : « Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 3, Part 1, Slice 2 » by Various
Antonyms for outlying
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019