Synonyms for mamas
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : mah-muh; for 1 also muh-mah|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈmɑ mə; for 1 also məˈmɑ|
Top 10 synonyms for mamas Other synonyms for the word mamas
Définition of mamasOrigin :
- 1707, spelling variant of mamma. Meaning "sexually attractive woman" first recorded 1925 in black slang; mama's boy "soft, effeminate male" is from 1901.
- As in mom : noun mother
- As in lady : noun woman
- I got angry and gazed on my Mamas face, which I never forget.
- Extract from : « The Life and Letters of Lafcadio Hearn, Volume 1 » by Elizabeth Bisland
- It would be almost worse if there were only Mamas and no Daddies.
- Extract from : « Natural Wonders » by Edwin Tenney Brewster
- But won't your mamas and daddies be worried because you have been away from home so long?
- Extract from : « Friendly Fairies » by Johnny Gruelle
- There were some children going up with their papas and mamas.
- Extract from : « With Rimington » by L. March Phillipps
- Mamas were shaking heads at daughters who had ventured upon a tenth sip of a glass of sherry.
- Extract from : « Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 1, October 23, 1841 » by Various
- This B-qar group needed a location; Muammad-i-zamns future had to be cared for and with his, Mamas.
- Extract from : « The Bbur-nma in English » by Babur, Emperor of Hindustan
- If the mamas would just go to Santy and tell him to come—You will, won't you, Mama?
- Extract from : « The Little Mixer » by Lillian Nicholson Shearon
- At length the mamas were persuaded, and the barks took their course toward the second baklad.
- Extract from : « An Eagle Flight » by Jos Rizal
- You know, and I know, that the most squeamish of mamas are ladies who happen to be acquainted with the ropes themselves.
- Extract from : « Kildares of Storm » by Eleanor Mercein Kelly
- Y' all gotta go right to y' all's mamas an' Miss Minerva dis very minute.
- Extract from : « Miss Minerva and William Green Hill » by Frances Boyd Calhoun
Antonyms for mamas
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019