Synonyms for loyalty
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : loi-uhl-tee|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈlɔɪ əl ti|
Top 10 synonyms for loyalty Other synonyms for the word loyalty
Définition of loyaltyOrigin :
- c.1400, from Old French loialté, leauté "loyalty, fidelity; legitimacy; honesty; good quality" (Modern French loyauté), from loial (see loyal). Earlier leaute (mid-13c.), from the older French form. Loyalty oath first attested 1852.
- noun faithfulness, dependability
- So we decided to give our Loyalheart a loyalty token, and here it is.
- Extract from : « Grace Harlowe's Return to Overton Campus » by Jessie Graham Flower
- Like Hamlet, too, this Richard is quick to suspect even his friends' loyalty.
- Extract from : « The Man Shakespeare » by Frank Harris
- There was nothing forced nor feigned in these testimonials of loyalty to George the Second.
- Extract from : « Old News » by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The khan asserted his loyalty and that of his neighbour the Khan of Jar.
- Extract from : « The Story of the Malakand Field Force » by Sir Winston S. Churchill
- It was they who first questioned the petals of flowers for their lovers' loyalty.
- Extract from : « It Happened in Egypt » by C. N. Williamson
- What a grand thing a boy's heart is, when you capture its loyalty and its affection!
- Extract from : « The Comrade In White » by W. H. Leathem
- Pee-wee's loyalty was so staunch that he did not even consider the things his aunt had said.
- Extract from : « Pee-wee Harris » by Percy Keese Fitzhugh
- A legion of hirelings were zealous to show their servility and loyalty to their lords.
- Extract from : « The Railroad Question » by William Larrabee
- But General Washington soon had cause to doubt his loyalty, and he was watched.
- Extract from : « Ponteach » by Robert Rogers
- As to their morality, it is on a level with their religion and loyalty.
- Extract from : « Memoirs of the Court of St. Cloud, Complete » by Lewis Goldsmith
Antonyms for loyalty
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019