Synonyms for indicate
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : in-di-keyt|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈɪn dɪˌkeɪt|
Top 10 synonyms for indicate Other synonyms for the word indicate
Définition of indicateOrigin :
- 1650s, back-formation from indication, or else from Latin indicatus, past participle of indicare "to point out, show, indicate, declare" (see indication). Related: Indicated; indicating.
- verb signify, display
- There was nothing in her behaviour to indicate a consciousness of error from her sphere.
- Extract from : « Weighed and Wanting » by George MacDonald
- If the feet have been left on, they too will serve to indicate the age.
- Extract from : « Woman's Institute Library of Cookery, Vol. 3 » by Woman's Institute of Domestic Arts and Sciences
- Testimony to be presently noted will indicate the importance of this statement.
- Extract from : « Camps, Quarters and Casual Places » by Archibald Forbes
- To indicate the effect, he included a galvanometer in the circuit of the battery and the button.
- Extract from : « Heroes of the Telegraph » by J. Munro
- The title with which we brand unmarried women to indicate that they are in the market.
- Extract from : « The Devil's Dictionary » by Ambrose Bierce
- Our numbers will indicate where they are to be found in the foregoing collection.
- Extract from : « Reflections » by Francois Duc De La Rochefoucauld
- Jim did not answer, and a snore seemed to indicate that he was slumbering.
- Extract from : « Frank Roscoe's Secret » by Allen Chapman
- This does not, however, indicate that they take an arrow view of things.
- Extract from : « Punchinello, Vol. 1, No. 3, April 16, 1870 » by Various
- When he crosses a lode, its bending is supposed to indicate the presence thereof.
- Extract from : « Storyology » by Benjamin Taylor
- And this was the only sign to indicate that he was aware that his privacy had been invaded.
- Extract from : « A Breath of Prairie and other stories » by Will Lillibridge
Antonyms for indicate
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019