Synonyms for incapacitated
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : in-kuh-pas-i-tey-tid|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌɪn kəˈpæs ɪˌteɪ tɪd|
Top 10 synonyms for incapacitated Other synonyms for the word incapacitated
Définition of incapacitatedOrigin :
- 1650s, from incapacity + -ate. Related: Incapacitated; incapacitating.
- adj disabled
- Bell took his place; he too was suffering, but not so much as to be incapacitated.
- Extract from : « The Voyages and Adventures of Captain Hatteras » by Jules Verne
- On the incapacitated German soldier every possible care is bestowed.
- Extract from : « England and Germany » by Emile Joseph Dillon
- The toil and hardship of the journey had incapacitated the others.
- Extract from : « South American Fights and Fighters » by Cyrus Townsend Brady
- The fall fractured his ankle and incapacitated him from service.
- Extract from : « Great Men and Famous Women. Vol. 2 of 8 » by Various
- When I first saw him, he had been incapacitated from work for about a year.
- Extract from : « The Electric Bath » by George M. Schweig
- This was Mephibo-sheth; but he was incapacitated for the throne by lameness.
- Extract from : « The Posthumous Works of Thomas De Quincey, Vol. 1 (2 vols) » by Thomas De Quincey
- Peary was incapacitated; he was let loose and followed for a time, but then disappeared.
- Extract from : « The South Pole, Volumes 1 and 2 » by Roald Amundsen
- He hoped that Tom would be incapacitated for a week or more.
- Extract from : « For the Honor of Randall » by Lester Chadwick
- Suppose you were incapacitated, Archie, do you imagine that I am quite helpless?
- Extract from : « Wanted: A Cook » by Alan Dale
- Sea legs had been acquired by that time and few on board were incapacitated.
- Extract from : « With the Battle Fleet » by Franklin Matthews
Antonyms for incapacitated
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019