Synonyms for imbedding
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : im-bed-ing|
|Phonetic Transcription : ɪmˈbɛd ɪŋ|
Top 10 synonyms for imbedding Other synonyms for the word imbedding
- come to rest
- drag in
- lug in
- make port
- plank down
- pop in
- shove in
- squeeze in
- tie up
- work in
Définition of imbedding
- As in insert : verb put, tuck in
- As in lodge : verb become fixed or wedged
- As in plant : verb establish, set
- As in anchor : verb hold, be held securely
- I found it to consist of a dark, compact limestone, imbedding masses of chalcedony and calcareous spar.
- Extract from : « Summary Narrative of an Exploratory Expedition to the Sources of the Mississippi River, in 1820 » by Henry Rowe Schoolcraft
- A cement bottom for shallow water may be disguised by imbedding pebbles and small stones in the cement before it sets.
- Extract from : « Making A Rock Garden » by Henry Sherman Adams
- The colour is ochreous-brown (chiefly no doubt derived from the imbedding substance) tinged with red.
- Extract from : « A Monograph on the Sub-class Cirripedia (Volume 2 of 2) » by Charles Darwin
- Above the sole of the kiln, are three series of air holes, made by imbedding old gun barrels in the walls.
- Extract from : « Peat and its Uses as Fertilizer and Fuel » by Samuel William Johnson
Antonyms for imbedding
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019