Synonyms for hush-hush
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : huhsh-huhsh|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈhʌʃˌhʌʃ|
Top 10 synonyms for hush-hush Other synonyms for the word hush-hush
Définition of hush-hush
- adj secret
- So that's what the Government's so scared and hush-hush about.
- Extract from : « Rescue Squad » by Thomas J. O'Hara
- This will be hush-hush for awhile, then left to dissolve of itself.
- Extract from : « The Sex Life of the Gods » by Michael Knerr
- Mr. Atkins explained that naturally the affair was hush-hush.
- Extract from : « In the Cards » by Alan Cogan
- It's all hush-hush so it won't leak out like the atom bomb did.
- Extract from : « The Stowaway » by Alvin Heiner
- She was a "hush-hush" ship—one of the wonders of the Navy still.
- Extract from : « The Grey Room » by Eden Phillpotts
- Our Hush-hush Department seems to have grown very lax of late.
- Extract from : « Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 158, March 3rd, 1920 » by Various
- First, the government stepped in, trying to hush-hush the whole thing; but too late.
- Extract from : « Of Stegner's Folly » by Richard S. Shaver
- It was dark and very quiet; the hush-hush of the throbbing mines filled the night and stilled it.
- Extract from : « The Madigans » by Miriam Michelson
- And without the levies the "Hush-Hush" party was outnumbered again and again.
- Extract from : « Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 158, February 18th, 1920 » by Various
- They are not half so mysterious as you are with that hush-hush expression on your innocent countenance.
- Extract from : « The Professor's Mystery » by Wells Hastings
Antonyms for hush-hush
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019