Synonyms for harass
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : huh-ras, har-uhs|
|Phonetic Transcription : həˈræs, ˈhær əs|
Top 10 synonyms for harass Other synonyms for the word harass
- get to
- give a bad time
- give a hard time
- jerk around
- rattle one's cage
- work on
Définition of harassOrigin :
- 1610s, from French harasser "tire out, vex," possibly from Old French harer "set a dog on," and perhaps blended with Old French harier "to harry, draw, drag" [Barnhart]. Originally "to lay waste, devastate," sense of "distress" is from 1650s. Related: Harassed; harassing.
- verb badger
- Nor did Casanova allow these questions to harass his mind to-day.
- Extract from : « Casanova's Homecoming » by Arthur Schnitzler
- Forgive me that I harass you with this catalogue of my misfortunes.
- Extract from : « Mistress Wilding » by Rafael Sabatini
- The archers were placed in front to harass the enemy attempting to cross.
- Extract from : « The Cat of Bubastes » by G. A. Henty
- There were no debtors to be harassed, no creditors to harass them.
- Extract from : « In a Little Town » by Rupert Hughes
- "The Mexicans will do anything to harass the Texans," answered the lieutenant, quietly.
- Extract from : « For the Liberty of Texas » by Edward Stratemeyer
- Not a wife, not a mother, but just a soul facing the questions which harass philosophers.
- Extract from : « Wayside Courtships » by Hamlin Garland
- Wilson and Miller were to harass Massena's right flank and rear.
- Extract from : « Under Wellington's Command » by G. A. Henty
- The lesson had been so severe that no attempt was made, by the tribesmen, to harass the movement.
- Extract from : « Through Three Campaigns » by G. A. Henty
- He was now satisfied and really had no wish to harass her beyond endurance.
- Extract from : « The Elusive Pimpernel » by Baroness Emmuska Orczy
- I am only sorry that you should have had so much to harass you.'
- Extract from : « Heartsease » by Charlotte M. Yonge
Antonyms for harass
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019