Synonyms for godless
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : god-lis|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈgɒd lɪs|
Définition of godlessOrigin :
- 1520s, from god + -less. Related: Godlessness. Phrase godless communism attested by 1851.
- adj without a god or divine faith
- A godless civilization is a disease of which nations die by inches.
- Extract from : « Mountain Meditations » by L. Lind-af-Hageby
- You say I am a poet, yet how may a man be a poet if godless?
- Extract from : « Melomaniacs » by James Huneker
- "It is what comes of living in a godless country like Italy," said Lady Amelia.
- Extract from : « Is He Popenjoy? » by Anthony Trollope
- A godless science must not be permitted to triumph any longer over the silence of God.
- Extract from : « Balthasar » by Anatole France
- And the godless fellow had snatched her away from the water of Christianity.
- Extract from : « Debts of Honor » by Maurus Jkai
- I have seen the sorrow of a godless mother on the death of a child she had neglected.
- Extract from : « The Wedding Ring » by T. De Witt Talmage
- So you have been playing cards with the Amorites, you godless man!
- Extract from : « Manasseh » by Maurus Jokai
- But Man is not content that his state of godless isolation should endure for ever.
- Extract from : « What Is and What Might Be » by Edmond Holmes
- He must be a godless and wicked man to take you away from me when I love you.
- Extract from : « Tom Gerrard » by Louis Becke
- All godless life is fruitless, inasmuch as it has no permanent results.
- Extract from : « Expositions of Holy Scripture » by Alexander Maclaren
Antonyms for godless
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019