Synonyms for fusty
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : fuhs-tee|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈfʌs ti|
Top 10 synonyms for fusty Other synonyms for the word fusty
Définition of fustyOrigin :
- "stale-smelling," late 14c., from Old French fusté "fusty, tasting of the cask," from Old French fuist "wine cask," originally "stick, stave," from Latin fustis "staff, stick of wood." Related: Fustiness.
- adj moldy
- adj old-fashioned
- As I love the facts of life more, I care less for fusty commentators.
- Extract from : « A Labrador Doctor » by Wilfred Thomason Grenfell
- It seems so funny not to go to it, instead of moping in these fusty lodgings.
- Extract from : « The Rough Road » by William John Locke
- Fusty, earlier foisty, is no longer used in its proper sense.
- Extract from : « The Romance of Words (4th ed.) » by Ernest Weekley
- You would have us go and live in that damp, musty, fusty place?
- Extract from : « Not Like Other Girls » by Rosa N. Carey
- The cab is fusty, the driver is sulky, the morning is foggy.
- Extract from : « My Miscellanies, Vol. 1 (of 2) » by Wilkie Collins
- In the damp climate of western Carolina such an interior is fusty, or even wet.
- Extract from : « Our Southern Highlanders » by Horace Kephart
- You're not selfish and you're not fusty; but you remind me of him when you make remarks like your first.
- Extract from : « The Law-Breakers and Other Stories » by Robert Grant
- But the devil's a great deal too good for 'em—fusty villains.Ch.
- Extract from : « Beaumont & Fletcher's Works (8 of 10) » by Francis Beaumont
- A fusty, musty smell was in the room, in the air of the staircase, everywhere.
- Extract from : « Madame Flirt » by Charles E. Pearce
- The vessel was laden with rice, and the fusty heat which came up from below was something awful.
- Extract from : « A Boy's Voyage Round the World » by The Son of Samuel Smiles
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019