Synonyms for fortuity
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : fawr-too-i-tee, -tyoo-|
|Phonetic Transcription : fɔrˈtu ɪ ti, -ˈtyu-|
Top 10 synonyms for fortuity Other synonyms for the word fortuity
Définition of fortuityOrigin :
- 1747, from fortuitous + -ity.
- noun chance
- It all rested on the fortuity of her getting five minutes alone with him.
- Extract from : « The Highgrader » by William MacLeod Raine
- In the Bible there is no fortuity: a great secret was hidden here.
- Extract from : « The Magic of the Middle Ages » by Viktor Rydberg
- And in some cases consideration only increases the fortuity of its results.
- Extract from : « The Mountebank » by William J. Locke
- Indoors Kirkwood faced unhappily the enigma of fortuity, wondering: Was this by any possibility Number 9?
- Extract from : « The Black Bag » by Louis Joseph Vance
- The permanency and durability of books is largely a matter of relativity and fortuity.
- Extract from : « The Reign of the Manuscript » by Perry Wayland Sinks
- Let us change the situation then, but let us change it thoroughly, and so that its fortuity becomes powerless, and a law!
- Extract from : « The Ego and His Own » by Max Stirner
- His succession to the throne was rather a fortuity than the result of hereditary claim.
- Extract from : « An Illustrated History of Ireland from AD 400 to 1800 » by Mary Frances Cusack
Antonyms for fortuity
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019