Synonyms for fevered
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : fee-ver|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈfi vər|
Top 10 synonyms for fevered Other synonyms for the word fevered
Définition of feveredOrigin :
- late Old English fefor, fefer "fever," from Latin febris "fever," related to fovere "to warm, heat," probably from PIE root *dhegh- "burn" (cf. Gothic dags, Old English dæg "day," originally "the heat"); but some suggest a reduplication of a root represented by Sanskrit *bhur- "to be restless."
- Adopted into most Germanic languages (cf. German Fieber, Swedish feber, Danish feber), but not in Dutch. English spelling influenced by Old French fievre. Replaced Old English hriðing. Extended sense of "intense nervous excitement" is from 1580s.
- adj feverish
- She roused every fevered nerve to do battle with the strong man for his son.
- Extract from : « Weighed and Wanting » by George MacDonald
- For months I was mad, fevered, delirious, and yet I could not die.
- Extract from : « The Captain of the Pole-Star and Other Tales » by Arthur Conan Doyle
- He had just supped, with but an indifferent appetite, so fevered was he by the events of his landing.
- Extract from : « Mistress Wilding » by Rafael Sabatini
- Would it, perchance, be of a lady that I talked in my fevered wanderings?
- Extract from : « The Lion's Skin » by Rafael Sabatini
- It was, in fact, a fevered delirium, often a veritable nightmare.
- Extract from : « Mark Twain, A Biography, 1835-1910, Complete » by Albert Bigelow Paine
- The fevered crisis past, he slowly returns to conscious memory.
- Extract from : « Oswald Langdon » by Carson Jay Lee
- Undoubtedly his feet were sore and swollen, red and fevered.
- Extract from : « The Long Roll » by Mary Johnston
- She came back one day from her lessons, shivering, wet, and fevered.
- Extract from : « Artists' Wives » by Alphonse Daudet
- What, during those weeks, were my fevered dreams you may guess.
- Extract from : « Kilgorman » by Talbot Baines Reed
- It may have been but a phantasm, born of her own fevered imagination.
- Extract from : « All Roads Lead to Calvary » by Jerome K. Jerome
Antonyms for fevered
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019