Synonyms for explication
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ek-spli-key-shuh n|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌɛk splɪˈkeɪ ʃən|
Top 10 synonyms for explication Other synonyms for the word explication
Définition of explicationOrigin :
- 1520s, from Middle French explication, from Latin explicationem (nominative explicatio), noun of action from past participle stem of explicare (see explicit).
- noun explanation
- Explication of the parable was left to the learned men to whom the story was addressed.
- Extract from : « Jesus the Christ » by James Edward Talmage
- Paul's entire theology was nothing but the explication of his own conversion.
- Extract from : « The Life of St. Paul » by James Stalker
- The phaenomenon may be real, though my explication be chimerical.
- Extract from : « A Treatise of Human Nature » by David Hume
- This explication is strengthened by what they did with their own fingers or their own lips.
- Extract from : « Modern Skepticism » by C. J. Ellicott
- The explication of all this must be looked for in the sequel.
- Extract from : « The Critique of Pure Reason » by Immanuel Kant
- See pages 503-506 for the explication of the serpent and the rest of the allegory.
- Extract from : « The Round Towers of Ireland » by Henry O'Brien
- There are others, however, where this explication is less satisfactory.
- Extract from : « Metapsychical Phenomena » by J. Maxwell
- And let him by questioning and explication, help them to understand them.
- Extract from : « A Christian Directory (Part 4 of 4) » by Richard Baxter
- His argument in itself is good, but his explication of it is sometimes in fault.
- Extract from : « Fundamental Philosophy, Vol. I (of 2) » by Jaime Luciano Balmes
- But so much for the explication of this precept, and the directive part of our discourse.
- Extract from : « Sermons on Evil-Speaking » by Isaac Barrow
Antonyms for explication
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019