Synonyms for cleanliness
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : adjective klen-lee; adverb kleen-lee|
|Phonetic Transcription : adjective ˈklɛn li; adverb ˈklin li|
Top 10 synonyms for cleanliness
Définition of cleanlinessOrigin :
- early 15c., from cleanly + -ness.
- Cleanliness is indeed next to godliness. [John Wesley, Sermon "On Dress," c.1791]
- noun cleanness
- Rags and tidiness, filth and cleanliness, lay almost touching.
- Extract from : « K » by Mary Roberts Rinehart
- Stables and neat-houses were the perfection of cleanliness and airiness.
- Extract from : « In the Heart of Vosges » by Matilda Betham-Edwards
- They felt that they were bound to have rest and cleanliness.
- Extract from : « The Rock of Chickamauga » by Joseph A. Altsheler
- So nourishment, cleanliness, and ventilation are the main remedies.
- Extract from : « The Uncommercial Traveller » by Charles Dickens
- There was no luxury, no artistic feature, no cleanliness even.
- Extract from : « The Three Cities Trilogy, Complete » by Emile Zola
- The Thibetan women, on the contrary, are very fond of cleanliness and order.
- Extract from : « The Unknown Life of Jesus Christ » by Nicolas Notovitch
- She 50 was sitting in her kitchen, which bore its usual aspect of order and cleanliness.
- Extract from : « Mountain Meditations » by L. Lind-af-Hageby
- When she entered their home for the first time, she was amazed at the cleanliness of the lodging.
- Extract from : « L'Assommoir » by Emile Zola
- He felt profoundly happy in the peacefulness and cleanliness of the garden.
- Extract from : « The Fat and the Thin » by Emile Zola
- Ireland is badly off for soap, and cleanliness is next to godliness.
- Extract from : « Ireland as It Is » by Robert John Buckley (AKA R.J.B.)
Antonyms for cleanliness
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019