Synonyms for awesome
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : aw-suh m|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈɔ səm|
Top 10 synonyms for awesome
Définition of awesomeOrigin :
- 1590s, "profoundly reverential," from awe (n.) + -some (1). Meaning "inspiring awe" is from 1670s; weakened colloquial sense of "impressive, very good" is recorded by 1961 and was in vogue from after c.1980. Related: Awesomely; awesomeness.
- adj amazing
- He faced them, a tall, awesome figure in his long, full dressing-gown.
- Extract from : « The Night Riders » by Ridgwell Cullum
- So awesome was it that I do not wonder we went a considerable way in silence.
- Extract from : « The House Under the Sea » by Sir Max Pemberton
- Oh, I do not see how anything can be so grand, so awesome as this!
- Extract from : « Out of the Depths » by Robert Ames Bennet
- He worked with mad haste, and there was an awesome, insane glare in his eyes.
- Extract from : « Frank Merriwell Down South » by Burt L. Standish
- There seemed to be a weird and awesome significance in the scene.
- Extract from : « Peak and Prairie » by Anna Fuller
- There came a vision—a thing uncertain and awesome, and he sat humbled before it.
- Extract from : « Erik Dorn » by Ben Hecht
- There was the awesome efficiency of wolfsbane with its deadly store of aconite.
- Extract from : « The Status Civilization » by Robert Sheckley
- Like a little world in the vastness of this awesome void, we hung poised.
- Extract from : « Wandl the Invader » by Raymond King Cummings
- It was an awesome sound, like a man strangling to death in chicken-fat.
- Extract from : « Out Like a Light » by Gordon Randall Garrett
- Into his mind, involuntarily, came the awesome Scotch word “fey.”
- Extract from : « The Mistress of Shenstone » by Florence L. Barclay
Antonyms for awesome
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019