Synonyms for assignment
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : uh-sahyn-muhnt|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈsaɪn mənt|
Top 10 synonyms for assignment Other synonyms for the word assignment
Définition of assignmentOrigin :
- late 14c., "order, request, directive," from Old French assignement "(legal) assignment (of dower, etc.)," from Late Latin assignamentum, noun of action from Latin assignare (see assign). Meaning "appointment to office" is mid-15c.; that of "a task assigned" (to someone) is from c.1848.
- noun responsibility, task
- noun selecting or setting apart
- You've got your berth, you've got your money, you're going to get your passport, and you've got your assignment.
- Extract from : « Plotting in Pirate Seas » by Francis Rolt-Wheeler
- It was at noon of the third day he had been at work when John was given his first assignment.
- Extract from : « Spring Street » by James H. Richardson
- One of the detectives detailed to this assignment was Hyman Ginsburg.
- Extract from : « From Place to Place » by Irvin S. Cobb
- He had given me the assignment of putting antigrav units into production.
- Extract from : « Sense from Thought Divide » by Mark Irvin Clifton
- And it can show us that a nation's assignment of a mission to itself is not a sudden growth.
- Extract from : « Chosen Peoples » by Israel Zangwill
- This reversed the assignment, and the rear room became Miss Sanford's.
- Extract from : « Marion's Faith. » by Charles King
- Then, with quick change of subject, "But I haven't congratulated you on your assignment."
- Extract from : « Under Fire » by Charles King
- Your assignment, Mr. President, has been exciting and challenging.
- Extract from : « The Nation's River » by United States Department of the Interior
- The assignment of everyone to a definite post has raised the general spirit.
- Extract from : « Greener Than You Think » by Ward Moore
- A corporation may make an assignment just as may an individual.
- Extract from : « Up To Date Business » by Various
Antonyms for assignment
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019