Synonyms for amply
|Grammar : Adv|
|Spell : am-plee|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈæm pli|
Top 10 synonyms for amply
Définition of amplyOrigin :
- 1550s, from ample + -ly (2).
- adv fully, sufficiently
- My relations it is needless to mention; they will of course be amply provided for.
- Extract from : « The Life of Horatio Lord Nelson » by Robert Southey
- He told me that he had made a fortune in America and was amply able to provide for us both.
- Extract from : « The Black Bag » by Louis Joseph Vance
- And then how amply rewarded, and rewarding, by the rapture-causing return!
- Extract from : « Clarissa, Volume 3 (of 9) » by Samuel Richardson
- By these arts, La Pola fulfilled most amply her pledges to the Liberator.
- Extract from : « Graham's Magazine Vol XXXIII No. 2 August 1848 » by Various
- It is true that if philosophers have suffered, their cause has been amply avenged.
- Extract from : « The Origin of Species » by Thomas H. Huxley
- The produce of the farm is amply sufficient to provide them with all necessaries.
- Extract from : « Brighter Britain! (Volume 1 of 2) » by William Delisle Hay
- That Sitsumi and the Three would not hesitate was amply proved.
- Extract from : « Lords of the Stratosphere » by Arthur J. Burks
- I talked on until I saw that my suspicions were amply realised.
- Extract from : « The Shame of Motley » by Raphael Sabatini
- Both were stained and smeared with grease; they were amply large.
- Extract from : « The Finding of Haldgren » by Charles Willard Diffin
- The book will be amply illustrated and sold by subscription.
- Extract from : « Prairie Farmer, Vol. 56: No. 4, January 26, 1884 » by Various
Antonyms for amply
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019