Synonyms for alias
|Grammar : Adv, noun|
|Spell : ey-lee-uhs|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈeɪ li əs|
Top 10 synonyms for alias Other synonyms for the word alias
Définition of aliasOrigin :
- mid-15c., "otherwise called," from Latin alias "at another time, in another way," from alius "(an)other," from PIE *al- "beyond" (cf. Sanskrit anya "other, different," Avestan anya-, Armenian ail, Greek allos "another," Gothic aljis "other," Old English elles "otherwise, else," Modern English else).
- adv otherwise known as
- noun false name
- He knew well that Josef Blot, alias Weirmarsh, was not a man to be trifled with.
- Extract from : « The Doctor of Pimlico » by William Le Queux
- Pete was disgusted with his brother Homer, alias Bill Moore.
- Extract from : « Oh, You Tex! » by William Macleod Raine
- Thus Griffith, alias Thomas, became her sunbeam, and Paul her cloud.
- Extract from : « The Atlantic Monthly, Volume 17, No. 104, June, 1866 » by Various
- There's a mystery, but James Price, alias Pickles, 'ull unravel it.
- Extract from : « Sue, A Little Heroine » by L. T. Meade
- There are some advantages in the name Smith, I really needed no alias.
- Extract from : « Between the Lines » by Henry Bascom Smith
- Who had advised that proceedings should be taken against Rose, alias Zora?
- Extract from : « The Champdoce Mystery » by Emile Gaboriau
- Woe to the unfortunate in whom Mrs Joe—alias Susan—did not believe.
- Extract from : « Under the Waves » by R M Ballantyne
- Barton assumed the alias of Tom, which was straightway metamorphosed into ‘Tomma.’
- Extract from : « The Island Home » by Richard Archer
- Among the powers that prey that is my proud cognomen, not to say alias.
- Extract from : « Blacksheep! Blacksheep! » by Meredith Nicholson
- Had she already dropped my name, and was now passing under an alias?
- Extract from : « Hushed Up » by William Le Queux
Antonyms for alias
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019