Synonyms for aggressive
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : uh-gres-iv|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈgrɛs ɪv|
Top 10 synonyms for aggressive Other synonyms for the word aggressive
- come on
- get up and go
- go after
- hard sell
- shooting from the hip
- smart alecky
Définition of aggressiveOrigin :
- 1791, from Latin aggress-, past participle stem of aggredi (see aggression) + -ive. In psychological use from 1913, first in translations of Freud. Related: Aggressively; aggressiveness.
- adj belligerent, hostile
- adj assertive
- Fandor was not in the least impressed by the lieutenant's aggressive declarations.
- Extract from : « A Nest of Spies » by Pierre Souvestre
- But it never seems to enter into the goat's head to do anything so aggressive.
- Extract from : « Things as They Are » by Amy Wilson-Carmichael
- They were not aggressive creatures; it was that that made them so terrible to Helen.
- Extract from : « Howards End » by E. M. Forster
- The aggressive Martians would be only too glad to explore the Moon.
- Extract from : « Astounding Stories of Super-Science, March 1930 » by Various
- The swiftness of the movement was aggressive enough to startle.
- Extract from : « Under Western Eyes » by Joseph Conrad
- And, beyond this, there are all the offensive, aggressive uses of the ballot.
- Extract from : « The History of Woman Suffrage, Volume IV » by Various
- And the only form of action open to a State can be of no other than aggressive nature.
- Extract from : « Notes on Life and Letters » by Joseph Conrad
- He had the broad head and square jaw of the aggressive type.
- Extract from : « The Bondwoman » by Marah Ellis Ryan
- We have noticed that Livingstone's religion was not aggressive nor impertinent.
- Extract from : « Masterpieces of Negro Eloquence » by Various
- "We has no beds for strangers," he said, speaking in an aggressive and loud tone.
- Extract from : « A Master of Mysteries » by L. T. Meade
Antonyms for aggressive
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019