Synonyms for agents
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ey-juhnt|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈeɪ dʒənt|
Top 10 synonyms for agents Other synonyms for the word agents
- ten percenter
Définition of agentsOrigin :
- late 15c., "one who acts," from Latin agentem (nominative agens) "effective, powerful," present participle of agere "to set in motion, drive, lead, conduct" (see act (n.)). Meaning "any natural force or substance which produces a phenomenon" is from 1550s. Meaning "deputy, representative" is from 1590s. Sense of "spy, secret agent" is attested by 1916.
- noun person representing an organization or person in business
- noun power, instrument for achievement
- The second point was this: those with whom I had had misunderstandings were equally His agents.
- Extract from : « The Conquest of Fear » by Basil King
- Their thieves are the most daring and their agents the most cunning.
- Extract from : « The Story of the Malakand Field Force » by Sir Winston S. Churchill
- Irish agents are here described as of two different species.
- Extract from : « Tales And Novels, Volume 5 (of 10) » by Maria Edgeworth
- The agents in London, Trieste, and Mombasa were each paid £800 per annum.
- Extract from : « Freeland » by Theodor Hertzka
- Many of the agents know apparently nothing about conversion.
- Extract from : « Things as They Are » by Amy Wilson-Carmichael
- It's practically certain that there are other, agents, if you like that word better, on Weald.
- Extract from : « Pariah Planet » by Murray Leinster
- The only agents were your uncle's hostility and his own obstinacy which would not study compromise.
- Extract from : « Captain Blood » by Rafael Sabatini
- Mr. K., have you directed the refusal of our currency by your agents?
- Extract from : « The Book of Anecdotes and Budget of Fun; » by Various
- Moreover, he claims to have instructed Uchatius' agents in its operation!
- Extract from : « The Beginnings of Cheap Steel » by Philip W. Bishop
- His agents were men who required to be dealt with liberally.
- Extract from : « The Hound From The North » by Ridgwell Cullum
Antonyms for agents
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019