Synonyms for agapae
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ah-gah-pey, ah-guh-pey, ag-uh-|
|Phonetic Transcription : ɑˈgɑ peɪ, ˈɑ gəˌpeɪ, ˈæg ə-|
Top 10 synonyms for agapae Other synonyms for the word agapae
Définition of agapaeOrigin :
- 1660s, from a- (1) + gape (v.).
- As in fellow feeling : noun sympathy
- As in charity : noun kindness, compassion
- Dancing, however, fell into discredit with the feast of the Agapae.
- Extract from : « Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 7, Slice 9 » by Various
- The Agapae were abolished, and auricular confession was established, during this century.
- Extract from : « The Freethinker's Text Book, Part II. » by Annie Besant
- The Agapae, with their excesses eliminated, survive in the love-feasts of modern Christians.
- Extract from : « The Christ » by John Eleazer Remsburg
- This contained the Saal, or meeting room, as well as the rooms necessary for holding the agapae, or love feasts.
- Extract from : « A Tale of the Kloster » by Brother Jabez
Antonyms for agapae
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019