Synonyms for afresh
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : uh-fresh|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈfrɛʃ|
Top 10 synonyms for afresh Other synonyms for the word afresh
Définition of afreshOrigin :
- c.1500, perhaps on analogy of anew [see note in OED], from a- (1) + fresh.
- adj new or repeated
- Is not this a new form to the thought—a form which makes us feel the truth of it afresh?
- Extract from : « A Dish Of Orts » by George MacDonald
- A sight which roused in him afresh—on the instant—all his fiercest animosities.
- Extract from : « The Coryston Family » by Mrs. Humphry Ward
- At every moment of the day it delighted them afresh, its expression ever varying.
- Extract from : « Abbe Mouret's Transgression » by Emile Zola
- He folded her afresh in his strong embrace, and kissed her head as it lay on his breast.
- Extract from : « The Eternal City » by Hall Caine
- All my fear of the world, and my desire to escape from it, had fallen upon me afresh.
- Extract from : « The Woman Thou Gavest Me » by Hall Caine
- That seemed to interest him afresh; he made her tell him all about her school-teaching.
- Extract from : « The Coast of Bohemia » by William Dean Howells
- Since then, she had reproached him afresh whenever she caught him looking at it.
- Extract from : « Rope » by Holworthy Hall
- Three separate times did he pull it to pieces again, to start in afresh.
- Extract from : « Phil Bradley's Mountain Boys » by Silas K. Boone
- I asked, and looked about me afresh to note what worshipful creature it was I had missed.
- Extract from : « Sonnie-Boy's People » by James B. Connolly
- She looked at him afresh all strangely; then she threw off: "I wish I didn't adore you!"
- Extract from : « The Tragic Muse » by Henry James
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019