Synonyms for affiliate
|Grammar : Noun, verb|
|Spell : verb uh-fil-ee-eyt; noun uh-fil-ee-it, -eyt|
|Phonetic Transcription : verb əˈfɪl iˌeɪt; noun əˈfɪl i ɪt, -ˌeɪt|
Top 10 synonyms for affiliate Other synonyms for the word affiliate
Définition of affiliateOrigin :
- 1761, from Latin affiliatus, past participle of affiliare "to adopt" (see affiliation). Outside legal use, always figurative. Related: Affiliated; affiliating.
- noun organization that is associated with another
- verb associate or be associated with a larger organization
- If we need help we can affiliate with America or even France.
- Extract from : « Ireland as It Is » by Robert John Buckley (AKA R.J.B.)
- But, do what we will we cannot affiliate, we cannot classify Heine.
- Extract from : « William Sharp (Fiona Macleod) » by Elizabeth A. Sharp
- There was an aloofness, a besides, that refused to affiliate himself with himself, even.
- Extract from : « Concord Days » by A. Bronson Alcott
- Should she be shut out of all these and affiliate with the wilderness of the New World?
- Extract from : « A Little Girl in Old St. Louis » by Amanda Minnie Douglas
- The Egyptians are supposed to affiliate remotely with the Semitic family.
- Extract from : « Ancient Society » by Lewis Henry Morgan
- Young Abraham, however, did not affiliate and follow the example of his kin.
- Extract from : « Abraham Lincoln's Religion » by Madison Clinton Peters
- You want to affiliate with her, to be one of her set, her surroundings, her monde.
- Extract from : « The Adventures of a Widow » by Edgar Fawcett
- "Well, he is old enough to affiliate somewhere," the farmer said, crisply.
- Extract from : « The Cottage of Delight » by Will N. Harben
- There is something about a fish that does not affiliate with fact.
- Extract from : « The Tent Dwellers » by Albert Bigelow Paine
- "We should not affiliate with either," said the shoemaker tersely.
- Extract from : « Snnica » by Vicente Blasco Ibez
Antonyms for affiliate
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019