Synonyms for advantaging
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : ad-van-tij, -vahn-|
|Phonetic Transcription : ædˈvæn tɪdʒ, -ˈvɑn-|
Top 10 synonyms for advantaging Other synonyms for the word advantaging
- answer the purpose
- be acceptable
- be adequate
- be good enough
- be good for
- be of use
- be useful
- do duty as
- do for one
- do the trick
- fill the bill
- make a killing
- make it
- pay off
- work for
Définition of advantagingOrigin :
- early 14c., avantage, "position of being in advance of another," from Old French avantage "advantage, profit, superiority," from avant "before," probably via an unrecorded Late Latin *abantaticum, from Latin abante (see advance).
- The -d- is a 16c. intrusion on the analogy of Latin ad- words. Meaning "a favoring circumstance" (the opposite of disadvantage) is from late 15c. Tennis score sense is from 1640s, first recorded in writings of John Milton, of all people. Phrase to take advantage of is first attested late 14c.
- As in avail : verb be of use; use
- As in serve : verb suffice; do the work of
- As in benefit : verb help, enhance
- Are you not the fools to be advantaging yourselves of comforts you might be sure no fairy left for Campbells in Dalness?
- Extract from : « John Splendid » by Neil Munro
- But, surprisingly enough, she proved of two minds about advantaging herself of the opportunity.
- Extract from : « Nobody » by Louis Joseph Vance
Antonyms for advantaging
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019