Synonyms for advancements
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ad-vans-muh nt, -vahns-|
|Phonetic Transcription : ædˈvæns mənt, -ˈvɑns-|
Top 10 synonyms for advancements Other synonyms for the word advancements
Définition of advancementsOrigin :
- c.1300, avauncement, "a raising to a higher rank," from Old French avancement "advancement, profit, advance payment," from avancer (see advance (v.)). Of money, from 1640s.
- noun promotion, progress
- noun forward movement
- You will observe that part of the King's ground is a resistance to advancements as well as creations.
- Extract from : « Memoirs of the Courts and Cabinets of George the Third » by The Duke of Buckingham and Chandos
- Socialism, to my mind, means the overthrow of all the advancements of the past one hundred years or more.
- Extract from : « Why I am opposed to socialism » by Various
- With almost monotonous regularity the daily record was now of continued Allied advancements and enemy defeats.
- Extract from : « The Story of the Great War, Volume VIII (of VIII) » by various
- Yet he was invariably acquainted with the latest scientific discoveries and other advancements of knowledge.
- Extract from : « Autobiography of a YOGI » by Paramhansa Yogananda
- Defectively executed securities, settlements and advancements need no equivalent and need not be acted on in order to be reformed.
- Extract from : « An Introduction to the Philosophy of Law » by Roscoe Pound
- They look to him alone for future advancements, and for the preservation of the distinction they have obtained from him.
- Extract from : « Memoirs of the Court of St. Cloud, Complete » by Lewis Goldsmith
Antonyms for advancements
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019