Synonyms for adjudication
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : uh-joo-di-key-shuh n|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˌdʒu dɪˈkeɪ ʃən|
Définition of adjudicationOrigin :
- 1690s, from French adjudication or directly from Late Latin adjudicationem (nominative adjudicatio), noun of action from past participle stem of adjudicare (see adjudge).
- noun judgment
- I put it to you, then: can any one suppose that all, or any, of these may dispense with adjudication?
- Extract from : « The Polity of the Athenians and the Lacedaemonians » by Xenophon
- Lester's own relationship to the business would have to come up for adjudication.
- Extract from : « Jennie Gerhardt » by Theodore Dreiser
- The claims against France, since 1800, are now in the course of adjudication.
- Extract from : « Thirty Years' View (Vol. I of 2) » by Thomas Hart Benton
- By so doing he hopes to secure her voice in his favour at the adjudication of the prize.
- Extract from : « The Story of Nuremberg » by Cecil Headlam
- Power to Court to call on Captors to proceed to Adjudication.
- Extract from : « International Law. A Treatise. Volume II (of 2) » by Lassa Francis Oppenheim
- The captor should bring his prize into port for adjudication by the court.
- Extract from : « International Law » by George Grafton Wilson and George Fox Tucker
- After filing a voluntary petition the judge makes an adjudication.
- Extract from : « Putnam's Handy Law Book for the Layman » by Albert Sidney Bolles
- Never has been put forward such a doctrine for adjudication since the days of Ogden and Smith, tried in this city in 1806.
- Extract from : « Trial of the Officers and Crew of the Privateer Savannah, on the Charge of Piracy, in the United States Circuit Court for the Southern District of New York » by A. F. Warburton
- Then you are confident of the adjudication being in your favour?
- Extract from : « The Lancashire Witches » by William Harrison Ainsworth
- No man who loves his country would sanction violence in the adjudication of rights save as a last resort.
- Extract from : « Black and White » by Timothy Thomas Fortune
Antonyms for adjudication
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019