Synonyms for adeptness
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : adjective uh-dept; noun ad-ept, uh-dept|
|Phonetic Transcription : adjective əˈdɛpt; noun ˈæd ɛpt, əˈdɛpt|
Top 10 synonyms for adeptness Other synonyms for the word adeptness
Définition of adeptnessOrigin :
- "an expert," especially "one who is skilled in the secrets of anything," 1660s, from Latin adeptus (see adept (adj.)). The Latin adjective was used as a noun in this sense in Medieval Latin among alchemists.
- noun ability
- He didn't handle them with the adeptness of a Belt man, but he wasn't too awkward.
- Extract from : « Anchorite » by Randall Garrett
- Some men are born with an adeptness for crime of a certain character.
- Extract from : « How to Become Rich » by William Windsor
- Also his adeptness in dodging was called upon more and more.
- Extract from : « The Young Pitcher » by Zane Grey
- His eye is always upon his neighbour's defects, and I never cease to marvel at its adeptness.
- Extract from : « Brother Copas » by Sir Arthur Thomas Quiller-Couch
- If so, the little trick had been done with deplorable spontaneity or adeptness of usage.
- Extract from : « Lord Ormont and his Aminta, Complete » by George Meredith
- Lubimoff was astonished at the way this woman spoke in all seriousness of her present adeptness.
- Extract from : « The Enemies of Women » by Vicente Blasco Ibez
- Yet deep in his nature was that obliquity, that adeptness at trickery, that facility in deceit, which made him the success he was.
- Extract from : « The Shadow » by Arthur Stringer
- An adeptness at discovering grievances has lately been one of the principal recommendations to public notice and popular applause.
- Extract from : « Novanglus, and Massachusettensis » by John Adams
- She answered shortly enough, and the skimming of the milk was not done with the adeptness which she usually displayed.
- Extract from : « The Hound From The North » by Ridgwell Cullum
- And when night drew near and they made camp, what joy it was to hear her exclamations of wonder at his adeptness!
- Extract from : « The Crimson Gardenia and Other Tales of Adventure » by Rex Beach
Antonyms for adeptness
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019