Synonyms for actual
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : ak-choo-uhl|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈæk tʃu əl|
Top 10 synonyms for actual Other synonyms for the word actual
Définition of actualOrigin :
- early 14c., "pertaining to an action," from Old French actuel "now existing, up to date" (13c.), from Late Latin actualis "active, pertaining to action," adjectival form of Latin actus (see act (n.)). The broader sense of "real, existing" (as opposed to potential, ideal, etc.) is from late 14c.
- adj truly existing, real
- adj existing at the present time
- He waited an eternity; in actual time it was exactly ten minutes.
- Extract from : « Way of the Lawless » by Max Brand
- Yet, I repeat, man is potentially a man, however far he may be from actual manhood.
- Extract from : « Weighed and Wanting » by George MacDonald
- In more than one case, we seem to detect an actual portrait.
- Extract from : « De Libris: Prose and Verse » by Austin Dobson
- And always they brought their theology to the test of actual life.
- Extract from : « Understanding the Scriptures » by Francis McConnell
- Indeed there is no reason that an actual economy should not be effected.
- Extract from : « The Story of the Malakand Field Force » by Sir Winston S. Churchill
- There has not yet been much opportunity to test the airship in actual warfare.
- Extract from : « Flying Machines » by W.J. Jackman and Thos. H. Russell
- If the animal spirits fail, they represent it as an actual temptation.
- Extract from : « The Life of Horatio Lord Nelson » by Robert Southey
- For ash, however, the actual character 'æ' represents the long vowel.
- Extract from : « Beowulf » by Unknown
- How could he carry out his promise to Mira, if she should be in actual danger?
- Extract from : « The Green Satin Gown » by Laura E. Richards
- It is not enough to tell others what they are to do, but to exhibit the actual example of doing.
- Extract from : « Self-Help » by Samuel Smiles
Antonyms for actual
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019