Synonyms for activating
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : ak-tuh-veyt|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈæk təˌveɪt|
Top 10 synonyms for activating Other synonyms for the word activating
Définition of activatingOrigin :
- 1620s; see active + -ate (2). Related: Activated; activating.
- verb initiate something; start a function
- He set up the pattern on the board and punched the activating lever.
- Extract from : « Empire » by Clifford Donald Simak
- "You open them like this," he explained, pulling one out and activating the desealer.
- Extract from : « A Knyght Ther Was » by Robert F. Young
- His stiff fingers fumbled agonizingly with the activating stud.
- Extract from : « Astounding Stories, May, 1931 » by Various
- Another variety is the activating enzymes or kinases such as the enterokinase of the intestine.
- Extract from : « The Fundamentals of Bacteriology » by Charles Bradfield Morrey
- Her voice stopped abruptly as Halder closed the cab door behind him, activating the vehicle's one-way vision shield.
- Extract from : « The Other Likeness » by James H. Schmitz
- Communication with McGuire can't be established unless and until two keys are used in the activating panel.
- Extract from : « A Spaceship Named McGuire » by Gordon Randall Garrett
- He was activating the screen when Jennifer, in a magnificent rage in spite of soaked blouse and dungarees, advanced on him.
- Extract from : « Traders Risk » by Roger Dee
- Hume saw to the unpacking and activating of those machines and appliances which would protect and serve his civ clients.
- Extract from : « Star Hunter » by Andre Alice Norton
- He had visions of discovering and activating some trap set to protect their treasures which could be turned against them.
- Extract from : « Star Born » by Andre Norton
- He built at, least a dozen of them on Niflheim, to use in activating volcanoes and bringing ore-bearing lava to the surface.
- Extract from : « Ullr Uprising » by Henry Beam Piper
Antonyms for activating
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019