Synonyms for accomplishes
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : uh-kom-plish|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈkɒm plɪʃ|
Top 10 synonyms for accomplishes Other synonyms for the word accomplishes
Définition of accomplishesOrigin :
- late 14c., from Old French acompliss-, present participle stem of acomplir "to fulfill, fill up, complete" (12c.), from Vulgar Latin *accomplere, from Latin ad- "to" (see ad-) + complere "fill up" (see complete (adj.)). Related: Accomplished; accomplishing.
- verb succeed in doing
- It accomplishes more than genius, with not one-half the disappointment and peril.
- Extract from : « Self-Help » by Samuel Smiles
- He becomes a muleteer and accomplishes the success of which we have spoken.
- Extract from : « The Book of Khalid » by Ameen Rihani
- She accomplishes most extraordinary things, as naturally as buying a pair of gloves.
- Extract from : « The Arrow of Gold » by Joseph Conrad
- If the person who accomplishes this task is peculiarly gifted, we call him a poet.
- Extract from : « The World I Live In » by Helen Keller
- The crutch of Time accomplishes more than the club of Hercules.
- Extract from : « Pearls of Thought » by Maturin M. Ballou
- But it is surprising how much, with all his drawbacks, he accomplishes.
- Extract from : « The Flourishing of Romance and the Rise of Allegory » by George Saintsbury
- Whether it accomplishes this end or not is beside the question.
- Extract from : « In the Track of the Troops » by R.M. Ballantyne
- This he accomplishes, as he says, by the help of the gondoliers.
- Extract from : « The Ghost-Seer (or The Apparitionist), and Sport of Destiny » by Friedrich Schiller
- He may become prime minister—if he accomplishes his purpose!
- Extract from : « Love and Intrigue » by Friedrich Schiller
- That one accomplishes most whose heart sings while his hand works.
- Extract from : « A Man's Value to Society » by Newell Dwight Hillis
Antonyms for accomplishes
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019