Synonyms for accessible
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : ak-ses-uh-buh l|
|Phonetic Transcription : ækˈsɛs ə bəl|
Top 10 synonyms for accessible Other synonyms for the word accessible
Définition of accessibleOrigin :
- c.1400, "affording access," from Middle French accessible, from Late Latin accessibilis, verbal adjective from Latin accessus "a coming near, approach" (see access (n.)). Meaning "easy to reach" is from 1640s; Of art or writing, "able to be readily understood," 1961 (a term not needed in the years before writing or art often deliberately was made not so).
- adj approachable; ready for use
- The kind of renown most accessible and acceptable to mediocrity.
- Extract from : « The Devil's Dictionary » by Ambrose Bierce
- "Accessible in two hundred years, all right," insisted Dick serenely.
- Extract from : « The Forest » by Stewart Edward White
- When sober, he was accessible, conversable, and devoid of pride.
- Extract from : « Beaux and Belles of England » by Mary Robinson
- He had first of all to build 350 miles of railroad to make the spot at all accessible.
- Extract from : « Herbert Hoover » by Vernon Kellogg
- All parts are then exposed, and accessible for inspection and repairs.
- Extract from : « The Automobile Storage Battery » by O. A. Witte
- The temple, it is true, often stood within some sort of precinct, but it was accessible to all.
- Extract from : « Architecture » by Thomas Roger Smith
- Ptolemy had, however, few of those sources of knowledge which are now accessible.
- Extract from : « Great Astronomers » by R. S. Ball
- Most of our data antedate him, or were contemporaneous with him, or were as accessible to him as to us.
- Extract from : « The Book of the Damned » by Charles Fort
- There was an opening in it which was accessible by a ladder.
- Extract from : « The Land of the Long Night » by Paul du Chaillu
- Numerous revelations were given, and these are accessible to all who will read.
- Extract from : « Jesus the Christ » by James Edward Talmage
Antonyms for accessible
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019