Synonyms for accentuated
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : ak-sen-choo-eyt|
|Phonetic Transcription : ækˈsɛn tʃuˌeɪt|
Top 10 synonyms for accentuated
Définition of accentuatedOrigin :
- 1731, from Medieval Latin accentuatus, past participle of accentuare "to accent," from Latin accentus (see accent (n.)). Originally "to pronounce with an accent;" meaning "emphasize" is recorded from 1865.
- You've got to accentuate the positiveEliminate the negativeLatch on to the affirmativeDon't mess with Mister In-Between["Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive," 1944, music by Harold Arlen, lyrics by Johnny Mercer]
- Related: Accentuated; accentuating.
- verb focus attention on
- This feeling had been accentuated by the Ishmaelite life he had led from his puppyhood.
- Extract from : « White Fang » by Jack London
- Accentuated forms of pathological masochism are, however, rare in women.
- Extract from : « The Sexual Question » by August Forel
- His air of weary indifference was accentuated, I could not help thinking, wilfully.
- Extract from : « Under Western Eyes » by Joseph Conrad
- But I recognized that this was only the humming I had heard before, accentuated.
- Extract from : « The Works of Guy de Maupassant, Volume VIII. » by Guy de Maupassant
- Probably it is natural; probably it is accentuated by your residence in feverish cities.
- Extract from : « My New Curate » by P.A. Sheehan
- Those features are accentuated and exaggerated by the deformations which are practiced.
- Extract from : « Folkways » by William Graham Sumner
- The crackle of the legal paper in his reefer pocket only accentuated his gloom.
- Extract from : « Blow The Man Down » by Holman Day
- It seemed to her, also, that the grimness in his face was accentuated of late.
- Extract from : « 'Me-Smith' » by Caroline Lockhart
- A nose and chin, moulded with beauty and precision, accentuated his handsome face.
- Extract from : « The Golden Dog » by William Kirby
- With each new event of this life the loss of Luther was accentuated.
- Extract from : « The Wind Before the Dawn » by Dell H. Munger
Antonyms for accentuated
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019