Synonyms for accelerates
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : ak-sel-uh-reyt|
|Phonetic Transcription : ækˈsɛl əˌreɪt|
Top 10 synonyms for accelerates Other synonyms for the word accelerates
Définition of acceleratesOrigin :
- 1520s, from Latin acceleratus, past participle of accelerare "to hasten, to quicken," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + celerare "hasten," from celer "swift" (see celerity). Related: Accelerated; accelerating.
- verb increase speed, timing
- "This disease is one that accelerates toward the end," he said.
- Extract from : « Mary Louise Solves a Mystery » by L. Frank Baum
- As the bottom of the surface meets the air, it compresses it and accelerates it downwards.
- Extract from : « The Aeroplane Speaks » by H. Barber
- The controls don't work properly, and she accelerates much too quickly.
- Extract from : « Mud and Khaki » by Vernon Bartlett
- Inertia gives place to motion, it spreads, accelerates and circulates.
- Extract from : « Life of Chopin » by Franz Liszt
- It accelerates the disintegration of the mineral matters in the soil.
- Extract from : « The Elements of Agriculture » by George E. Waring
- The great feat of the multitude is that it accelerates the process of changing values.
- Extract from : « mile Verhaeren » by Stefan Zweig
- There is, on the contrary, a latent spontaneity which accelerates its action.
- Extract from : « The Bastonnais » by John Lesperance
- I hate talking about myself, but you had to know some day, this only accelerates it.
- Extract from : « The Shadow of the East » by E. M. Hull
- The immense weight of head and shoulders causes the buffalo to labor heavily up-hill; but it accelerates his descent.
- Extract from : « With the World's Great Travellers, Volume 1 » by Various
- The addition of certain substances to the water facilitates and accelerates the softening.
- Extract from : « Principles and Practice of Fur Dressing and Fur Dyeing » by William E. Austin
Antonyms for accelerates
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019