Synonyms for about-face
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : noun uh-bout-feys, uh-bout-feys; verb uh-bout-feys|
|Phonetic Transcription : noun əˈbaʊtˌfeɪs, əˈbaʊtˈfeɪs; verb əˌbaʊtˈfeɪs|
Top 10 synonyms for about-face Other synonyms for the word about-face
Définition of about-face
- noun complete change
- For answer, Phil caught her by the arm and turned her about-face.
- Extract from : « The Spoilers of the Valley » by Robert Watson
- She had a strong desire to about-face and return to Harlowe House.
- Extract from : « Grace Harlowe's Problem » by Jessie Graham Flower
- He had sternly informed her that she must about-face and do better.
- Extract from : « Marjorie Dean, High School Junior » by Pauline Lester
- We did an about-face at 12th Street and double-timed back to the folks.
- Extract from : « History of Ambulance Company Number 139 » by Various
- A strong desire possesses us to about-face and back to the woods again.
- Extract from : « The New North » by Agnes Deans Cameron
- This was the first time in the history of the battery that it was necessary to shoulder packs to execute an about-face.
- Extract from : « The Delta of the Triple Elevens » by William Elmer Bachman
- Just as they were starting into the hotel, a shout from Carl brought them all to a halt and an about-face.
- Extract from : « Motor Matt's Red Flyer, or, On the High Gear » by Stanley R. Matthews
- Then why Aunt Matilda's about-face, hiding the pictures and telling me to go back to Chicago?
- Extract from : « The Gallery » by Roger Phillips Graham
- With that young Prescott executed an about-face and went charging back to where he had left his chums.
- Extract from : « The Grammar School Boys Snowbound » by H. Irving Hancock
- The men instinctively came each to an about-face, and the file closers broke through to the now rear.
- Extract from : « The Campaign of Chancellorsville » by Theodore A. Dodge
Antonyms for about-face
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019