Synonyms for aboriginals
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ab-uh-rij-uh-nl|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌæb əˈrɪdʒ ə nl|
Top 10 synonyms for aboriginals Other synonyms for the word aboriginals
Définition of aboriginalsOrigin :
- 1660s, "first, earliest," especially in reference to inhabitants of lands colonized by Europeans, from aborigines (see aborigine) + -al (1); specific Australian sense is from 1820. The noun is attested from 1767. Related: Aboriginally.
- As in native : noun person born in the country in which he/she dwells
- As in cave dweller : noun someone who dwells in a cave
- As in aborigine : noun first inhabitant
- Further on we came to Koordal, a 'reserve' for the aboriginals.
- Extract from : « The Last Voyage » by Lady (Annie Allnutt) Brassey
- I should have said that we saw no Aboriginals—no "blackfellows."
- Extract from : « Following the Equator, Complete » by Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)
- Great tact is necessary in the education of the aboriginals.
- Extract from : « Spinifex and Sand » by David W Carnegie
- They must have been here when all these hills and valleys were peopled only by the aboriginals.
- Extract from : « Faces in the Fire » by Frank W. Boreham
- There are more than four million aboriginals in East Africa alone.
- Extract from : « My African Journey » by Winston Churchill
- Maybe you have seen the Dervishes, or the Fijians, or the Australian aboriginals?
- Extract from : « Mrs. Falchion, Complete » by Gilbert Parker
- All four were aboriginals, two were the boys that had been seen at the yard.
- Extract from : « An Outback Marriage » by Andrew Barton Paterson
- But the skin showed unmistakably that she belonged to the aboriginals.
- Extract from : « The Frontier Angel » by Edward S. Ellis
- We thought that it was the aboriginals who were trying to get on to the ship, and that these were their fires.
- Extract from : « Missing Friends » by Thorvald Weitemeyer
- Only once did the sombre rapture of these aboriginals find expression.
- Extract from : « Whirligigs » by O. Henry
Antonyms for aboriginals
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019