Antonyms for unrefined
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : uhn-ri-fahynd|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌʌn rɪˈfaɪnd|
Definition of unrefinedOrigin :
- 1590s, "not refined in manners," from un- (1) "not" + past participle of refine (v.). Meaning "not free from gross matter" is recorded from 1610s.
- adj vulgar
- adj coarse
- Altogether there was something about him 18 that struck Maya as unrefined.
- Extract from : « The Adventures of Maya the Bee » by Waldemar Bonsels
- Those of his kindred with whom you will associate are unrefined and mean.
- Extract from : « My Novel, Complete » by Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- To be sure, Mrs. Goodenough was a commonplace, unrefined woman.
- Extract from : « Wives and Daughters » by Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell
- Plain and unrefined as Mrs. Strong was, she had a good, generous heart.
- Extract from : « Kathie's Soldiers » by Amanda Minnie Douglas
- Their taste is unrefined, but they are inclined to respect grace and dignity.
- Extract from : « Saunterings in and about London » by Max Schlesinger
- Adaptability: a mystery, 9;in lifes journey, 44;to unrefined people, 72.
- Extract from : « Human Intercourse » by Philip Gilbert Hamerton
- She thought twins vulgar and most unrefined, and could not bear to discuss them.
- Extract from : « Wanted: A Cook » by Alan Dale
- Still less was she hard, uncultured, undignified, unrefined.
- Extract from : « The Mother of Washington and Her Times » by Sara Agnes Rice Pryor
- She thought him unrefined, noisy, but probably good-hearted and generous.
- Extract from : « Mrs. Dorriman, Volume 2 of 3 » by Julie Bosville Chetwynd
- Not apt to arts or crafts, they had, and have, an unrefined delight in bright colours.
- Extract from : « Letters from America » by Rupert Brooke
Synonyms for unrefined
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019